BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Knitting Orders :)




So as we brainstorm fund raising to bring Ivan home, the knitting orders come rolling in. I have several for barbie clothes, baby booties and lots for knitted toys. What i like best about knitted toys is that they knit up very quickly. Example i am working on a sea turtle and i am almost done him except for the shell and sewing  together. In total so far he has taken me 45 minutes to knit him. I am asking $1 per outfit for barbie and $10 for the larger knit toys. I feel every little bit helps and hopefully it will bring in half of what they need. Everyone always wants knitted hand made items for fairly cheap. I am hoping to test that theory with this good cause.

My brother will be baking for our bake/craft sale. I will be rapidly knitting to lay out toys to sell there as well. I am hoping to hear about from a lady about flyers. If i do then we can distribute them from each neighborhood here in Barrie. It's not impossible, we just need to come across the right people to help us out. So far we have contacted as many people i can think of in the surrounding area. The next steps will be the local newspapers, to see how a penny drive etc could bring in. The one time we had one at church, while i was still attending a few years ago they brought in 1500 in pennies.


As soon as i get my birthday doll for Izzy's out of the way, it's clear ahead for knitting. Barbie clothes take maybe 20 minutes to knit and you can knit alot. I certainly have enough wool around here to do lots of outfits. It will also make way more anymore wool, i would like to get. It's a beautiful day here, very sunny and warm. Tonight after supper we will be going to the park with the babies. It's days like these i hate Ed's work shift. Because i would like to take them else where.


Happy Knitting,
P.S. please remember if you haven't donated towards Ivan's funds yet please do so. Every bit helps....

0 comments: