BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 24, 2010

OTN (on the needles)

So as every one knows, i usually have alot of knitting projects on the go. It keeps me from getting bored, and usually gets more then one thing started at a time. Here is a list of what a currently have on the go:

1. Shrek leg warmers for Lily
2. Heather's baby blanket (a friend of ours who is having a baby)
3. A bunch of knitted barbie clothes which funds are being donated to the save Ivan fund
4. A sea turtle going to the Save Ivan fund
5. A Mr.Beans bear knitting kit that i bought and the bear is missing an arm and a leg but almost finished

As i think of it, i am sure more will come to mind that i will have forgot to list. I also have several bday presents that i am hoping to finish ahead of time. Hopefully i can get caught up somewhere as i go along. I never have to worry about not having anything to knit. There is definitely always something. I have been asked to make other items as custom baby items from people as well. I had someone tell me that $30 was too expensive for a knitted baby set. Going on that a knitted baby set comes with a hat and matching sweater + booties.

Seems like some people expect to get something for nothing nowadays. Maybe if it was them doing a craft and trying to sell it, they would think differently. Almost like people who see that you have kids and ask how you have the time. I will admit it is a challenge but we don't just stop living because we have kids. Parents do enjoy doing things for themselves as well. Granted this long weekend was a very long one.

I don't mind knitting while Ed (my boyfriend) plays the play station 3. As long as the kids are all sleeping and i am the only one not being interrupted. Today i also successfully came up with a pattern from the top of my head for Lily's shrek leg warmers. It took a few guesses on how many stitches etc i needed. But in the end nothing that a little bit of measuring couldn't figure out for me. I cannot wait to get rubbermaid containers to sort all my wool out into, it will be so nice. Maybe next month, lets hope

0 comments: